Over 75 Years of Legal Insight to Work for You!

What Happens

After an Accident?

  • Contact law enforcement and seek emergency medical help for immediate attention. Try to obtain any photographic evidence or contact information for any witnesses and ask them to stay until help arrives.

  • Report the incident to your insurance company. If you are contacted by the other party’s insurance company, do NOT give any statements regarding the accident or your injuries.

  • If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort, do NOT wait to go to the doctor. Seek immediate medical treatment and take record or note of all accident-related expenses, damages, or losses.

  • Contact Jones & Swanson to discuss your case. Do NOT sign any documents or accept any money from an insurance company before speaking with our injury lawyers.

Contact Us


Injured? Call Jones & Swanson Today

Although the state of Georgia requires that drivers carry a minimum amount of liability auto insurance to help pay for any injury or property damage that in an accident, what options are available to you if the at-fault driver lacks the insurance required to pay for the damages you’ve suffered? If you have uninsured motorist insurance coverage (UM), you may be able to pursue a claim with your own insurance company.

The laws pertaining to claims filed under your UM coverage can be difficult to comprehend, but it’s important to understand the vital protection UM can offer. At Jones & Swanson, our team of dedicated attorneys have years of experience handling claims involving multiple insurance policies and can help review your claim to determine what coverage is available to you.

Call Jones & Swanson at (770) 884-6652 to review your potential claim.

What does underinsured motorist insurance cover?

Underinsured motorist coverage will typically cover accidents involving hit-and-run drivers who can’t be identified and drivers who have no insurance or whose insurance is insufficient to cover all of those who have been injured. Many times, victims of accidents are unaware that such coverage exists, but Georgia law requires that insurance companies make UM coverage available to you when you purchase your policy.

Your insurance policy should provide UM coverage to you and the following individuals:

· Your spouse

· Relatives of you and your spouse who are living in the same household

· Anyone using your car with your consent

· Any passengers who are in the car

Put Us on Your Side Today

If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you should not wait to seek legal help. There are statute of limitations for filing claims after an accident, and oftentimes courts will not hear your case if you miss these deadlines. At Jones & Swanson, our mission is to help successfully guide our clients through the process while ensuring that their rights are protected every step of the way.

Our Marietta car accident lawyers are ready to hear from you! Contact our firm today to request your complimentary consultation.

Why Choose Jones & Swanson?

  • Over 75 Years of
    Legal & Trial
  • Over $50 Million
    Recovered for
  • Included in the
    Georgia Super
    Lawyers® Listing
  • AV Preeminent®
    Rating by
  • Members of the
    Million Dollar
    Advocates Forum®
Request A Free Consultation or Call Us Directly at (770) 884-6652.
Request a Free Consultation