Millions of accidents injure people and damage property each year. Whether injuries were from involvement in an auto accident, work-related incident, dog bite or slip and fall occurrence, because of
negligent security or an automobile defect or any other instance where someone else was at fault, those involved usually need assistance with their recovery. The monetary value of a
Marietta personal injury lawsuit includes many different types of
damages, both economic and non-economic. Below are examples of monetary damages that may be recovered at the successful conclusion of your
Marietta injury claim trial or settlement:
- Medical Expenses: victims may be entitled to compensation for medical bills that arose from the care received as a result of an accident. This can include bills for emergency room visits, physical therapy, diagnostic tests, medication or equipment costs, and more.
- Lost Wages: victims could be entitled to compensation for past and future wages that would have been earned if they were not injured, including those not covered by disability or workers’ compensation benefits.
- Pain and Suffering: this includes physical and mental stress caused from an injury and refers to compensation injured parties may receive for things such as mental torment, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, permanent disability, disfigurement, and the physical pain and suffering experienced as a result of the accident.
- Permanent Scarring
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Punitive Damages: typically awarded when the defendant’s conduct was outrageous and serve the purpose of punishing defendants for causing the accident. An example is when an auto accident was caused by someone operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
What Factors Determine the Value of My Injury Case?
One of the most common questions asked by countless Atlanta accident victims is “how much is my case worth?” Unfortunately, no magic formula for determining the value of a potential claim exists. The answer to this question depends on a multitude of factors. The value of a claim can vary extensively depending on the circumstances involved in the accident such as the severity and cost of the injuries sustained. The following factors may aid in determining the appropriate compensation deserved by injured victims:
- Who was at fault?
- What was the extent of your injuries?
- How do your injuries affect you?
- What is your income status?
- To what extent was their property damage?
- Did the at-fault party have insurance?
- Do you have health insurance?
These are just a few factors that may affect your Atlanta injury claim either positively or negatively. The experienced Marietta personal injury lawyers at Jones & Swanson will investigate your claim to the fullest extent before reviewing the total cost of all property damages, current and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning potential, and your physical or mental pain and suffering. Gathering this information will give your Marietta injury lawyers the approximate amount that should be negotiated for.
Looking for a lawyer for an injury in Marietta?
After sustaining an injury in an Atlanta accident, hiring an injury lawyer is not often the first thing on victims’ minds. But by contacting an experienced personal injury attorney immediately after an incident, victims can concentrate solely on seeking medical care and treatment. At Jones & Swanson, your well-being is our first priority. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another, the best injury attorneys at our Marietta law office want to take the stress off your shoulders and handle all legal matters involved in your claim. Enlisting the assistance of an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer will not only help you recover damages caused by an accident, but also allows you to focus solely on getting better. Contact our Marietta personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation and affordable representation.