We receive calls on a daily basis in which victims who sustained injuries as a result of another person's neglect feels uncomfortable hiring an attorney. Many times during a consultation, personal injury victims will voice guilt about considering a law suit, even though they have been drastically impacted by an incident caused by another party. Our response to these types of statements is always the same: you should not have to suffer and your life should not be turned upside down because another person made a mistake. It is ok to seek compensation for damages, especially if not doing so will cause extra stress and hassle for you. For instance, if you were involved in a car crash that left you or your loved ones injured and your vehicle damaged, you should not have to pay for your treatment and property damage if the crash was the fault of another driver. That at-fault driver should be held liable so that you are not facing extra anxiety while attempting to heal from the incident.
It is not necessary to hire a personal injury lawyer in every automobile accident injury claim, but an experienced lawyer will be able to help for a variety of reasons. It is possible that you can adequately represent yourself in an injury claim against insurance companies, but you should always be open to consulting or hiring an injury lawyer. Here are seven reasons why:
- According to a study released by the Insurance Research Council, compensation is 3.5 times greater, on average, for victims who have an attorney compared to those representing themselves.
- Of the compensation that insurance companies pay for injury claims to patrons, 85% is to clients that have a lawyer representing them (IRC study).
- We understand Georgia personal injury laws. Typically, the average Georgian has not studied these types of laws, so you will have an advantage over the insurance company if you have an injury attorney on your side. Each law must be appropriately applied to your claim; otherwise insurance adjusters will find a way to pay out less than you are rightfully owed.
- Negotiating higher compensation amounts is something that we do very often, so adjusters tend to take negotiations from an attorney more seriously.
- We can file a lawsuit for you if a settlement cannot be reached.
- We will help you to get damage to your vehicle repaired as quickly as possible.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us no fees until we have won compensation for you. If the case is not won, no fees are required from you to our firm.
The job of an insurance company adjuster is to pay as little as possible to claimants, so they do not want victims to hire an attorney. Their experience shows them that historically, involvement of a personal injury attorney means more money paid out.
The instances in which a personal injury lawyer may not be required can include auto accidents that did not cause injuries or high property damage. However, if you or a loved one has been involved in an automobile accident or other event that left you with injuries, you should contact Jones & Swanson today to find out whether you have a legal claim. The call will cost nothing, so you have nothing to lose. We will listen to the details of your incident and let you know whether you need an attorney.