The holidays are notorious for sparking an increase in injuries, leaving
many people struggling to handle the financial, emotional, and physical
consequences of these unexpected accidents. While they are meant to be
a joyous time, holidays such as Thanksgiving do unfortunately see an increase
in these incidents. Many people have adopted the tradition of deep frying
their turkey for Thanksgiving, as it is generally far faster than using
an oven. However, by using a fryer of this size, you are risking quite
a lot--though we do not recommend against using a deep-fryer for your
turkey, we suggest you are careful to ensure you have a safe Thanksgiving.
Consider the following safety tips for deep frying your turkey:
- Always deep fry outside and away from anything flammable, such as a wooden
deck, plants, etc. Keep the fryer in a place with good ventilation.
- Make sure everyone is aware of where the fryer is in order to avoid knocking it over.
- Properly thaw the turkey, as the moisture could risk an explosion.
- Follow any and all instructions specific to your fryer.
- Protect your skin and eyes from oil splatters.
- Keep an eye on the fryer’s temperature.
Contact Our Marietta Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident this Thanksgiving
season, look no further for a trusted Marietta
personal injury lawyer than ours at Jones & Swanson. We understand no one plans to
be injured during this happy time, which is why our legal team wants to
take the reins on your behalf. We will ensure we do everything in our
power to deliver you the most positive and successful results possible
for the compensation you deserve.
Don’t hesitate to speak to a member of our firm by
calling (770) 884-6652.