What Should I Do After An Accident?
Being injured in an accident can be frightening and disorienting. Based upon our experience, here are a few things to remember to do and not to do as soon as possible after an injury-related accident:
- Contact local law enforcement and emergency medical personnel for immediate attention.
- Get contact information for any witnesses and ask them to stay until help arrives.
- Take photographs of your injuries and any property damage that may have occurred.
- Report the incident to your insurance company.
- Seek medical treatment from your doctor or the nearest ER, depending on the situation.
- Call Jones & Swanson at (770) 427-5498 to discuss your potential claim.
- If you are contacted by the other party’s insurance company, do NOT give any statements regarding the accident or your injuries.
- Do NOT wait to go to the doctor if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort.
- Do NOT sign any documents or accept any money from an insurance company before contacting Jones & Swanson
The most common mistake made after an accident is failing to seek legal representation right away. Only a qualified personal injury attorney can fully evaluate your claim and explain your rights. The Atlanta accident lawyers at Jones & Swanson have experience representing victims in a variety of accidents and will take all steps necessary to maximize the value of your case.