What Should I Do After An Accident?
Being injured in an accident can be frightening and disorienting. Based
upon our experience, here are a few things to remember to do and not to
do as soon as possible after an injury-related accident:
- Contact local law enforcement and emergency medical personnel for immediate
- Get contact information for any witnesses and ask them to stay until help arrives.
Take photographs of your injuries and any
property damage that may have occurred.
- Report the incident to your insurance company.
- Seek medical treatment from your doctor or the nearest ER, depending on
- Call Jones & Swanson at (770) 427-5498 to discuss your potential claim.
- If you are contacted by the other party’s insurance company, do NOT
give any statements regarding the accident or your injuries.
- Do NOT wait to go to the doctor if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort.
- Do NOT sign any documents or accept any money from an insurance company
before contacting Jones & Swanson
The most common mistake made after an accident is failing to seek legal
representation right away. Only a qualified
personal injury attorney can fully evaluate your claim and explain your rights. The
Atlanta accident lawyers at Jones & Swanson have experience representing victims in a variety
of accidents and will take all steps necessary to maximize the value of