Jones & Swanson

Recovering Damages for Burn Injuries

There are many types of personal injury claims – some of the most common being car accident and fall injuries. Essentially, any time you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, an injury lawsuit is possible. Whether or not you win that suit and the worth depends on many factors.

One type of personal injury case not as often considered is that of burn injuries. There are many situations in which a person could be burnt as a result of another person’s actions, defective product, or dangerous situation. For instance, employees on the job may come into contact with machinery during their day-to-day work tasks. If a piece breaks and causes a burn, that employee’s medical bills may possibly be covered by compensation won from an injury lawsuit.

A recent news article detailed another situation where a burn injury claim was brought against members of a college fraternity. While one member was sleeping, others threw a fire cracker into his room – leaving him with significant burns that required medical attention. The victim hired a personal injury attorney who obtained a financial recovery on his behalf.

While burn injuries can be attributed to one individual’s negligence, it is not an easy task to win a burn claim. These types of cases depend greatly on the circumstances of the event, availability of punitive damages, and other specifics of the situation. Not all cases are winnable. The easiest way to determine whether you have a case or not is to contact an attorney for a free consultation. Explain the specifics of your case and injuries to a professional – they’ll decide whether you have a potential claim for damages or not.

To discuss a potential injury lawsuit with an experienced Georgia injury lawyer today, call 770-427-5498. We are here to listen to you concerns and provide honest and helpful feedback. If there’s any way for us to assist you in your recovery, we’ll make sure to do so.

Personal Injury

File a claim now

Contact a Marietta injury lawyer to discuss your case today.