Jones & Swanson

Slip & Fall Frequently Asked Questions

If you have suffered from a slip and fall or trip and fall you may have questions about what to do and how to pursue compensation. We are here to answer your questions and as a personal injury firm, we can help you fight for damages. To get a better feel for slip and fall cases and information you should know, read our answers to common questions.

Do I need to report my injuries to the owner of the property?

The answer is yes. If you have suffered any injury on the property of another person, you need to report it. Once you report it, ensure that an injury report is drawn and obtain a copy of it.

What should I do right after the accident?

As stated above, you need to report the accident immediately to the owner or manager and obtain a copy of the accident report.

After that you should:

  • Collect information of witnesses.
  • Take notes of the conditions that caused the accident.
  • Take pictures or collect a sample of the cause.
  • Seek medical care for your injury.
  • Save the clothing/shoes you were wearing as evidence.
  • Obtain legal counsel to fight on your behalf.

Why do I need a lawyer if it is clear I am a victim?

You would be surprised at how complicated slip and fall cases can be even when it is obvious that you are a victim. There are often multiple parties responsible for the accident and dealing with insurance companies can be complicated. Insurance company adjusters aim to minimize settlements, which can result in a smaller claim for you. With a skilled injury lawyer by your side, you can ensure that your rights are protected and you are not deprived of compensation. You deserve to recover damages for your medical bills, lost income and any other financial, emotional or physical hardships caused by the accident.

How expensive are injury lawyers in Georgia?

If you retain Jones & Swanson as your legal counsel, you can benefit from our contingency fee basis. What this means is that you do not have to pay us if we do not win your case. Once we complete your claim, the fee you pay is a portion of your recovery, but we agree upon this before we even start your case. Feel free to give us a call if you have questions about our fees or how we can help.

If I fell at work, can I sue my employer?

Usually workplace accidents fall under workers’ compensation cases and you cannot sue your employer. Look into Georgia’s workers’ compensation law and you may be able to hold your employer accountable.

For information on how to proceed with your unique case, contact our office today.

Georgia LawsPersonal InjuryPremises LiabilitySlip and FallWorkers' CompensationWorkplace Accidents

File a claim now

Contact a Marietta injury lawyer to discuss your case today.