Hiring the right personal injury attorney is like buying a car when there are thousands to choose from. Of course, all you have to do is choose a lawyer to represent you, but where do you begin when it’s comparable to finding a needle in a haystack?
Much of it comes down to the process of elimination, but it also has to do with defining what’s important to you as an individual. What matters to you? If you’re like most of our clients, you probably want an injury lawyer who:
- Is easy to reach;
- Is respectful and professional;
- Has great communication skills;
- Is well-respected in the legal community;
- Has extensive experience handling your type of claim;
- Pays close attention to detail;
- Has an impressive track record;
- Genuinely cares about your best interests;
- Will answer your questions promptly;
- Is not overloaded by too many cases;
- Has been recognized in the legal industry for excellence; and
- Will give your case the attention it deserves.
What is Important to You?
Before you start looking for a personal injury attorney, decide what’s important to you. Experience? Past case results? Education? A convenient office location? Free consultations? An informative website and blog? Client testimonials? Educational videos? What about industry-related awards and recognitions, such as the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the AV Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers? How about someone who has all of these things?
Being Confident in Your Decision
Once you sort through attorney prospects and make your selection, you should feel confident about the lawyer you choose to handle your case. After all, not all personal injury attorneys are created equal, and they do not all deliver the same results. If you want to make the right choice, first decide what’s important to you, then seek out an attorney who meets your requirements – do not settle for anything less.
Take this advice when searching for the right injury lawyer for you:
- Look at the attorney’s website. Is it professional? Is it informative?
- If the attorney has a blog, read it to see if it’s helpful.
- Look at the lawyer’s education and experience.
- Does the attorney have client testimonials?
- Choose an attorney with extensive experience handling your particular type of case.
- Hire someone who specializes in personal injury law.
- Interview the attorney in-person before hiring him or her.
- Choose someone who is accessible and customer service oriented.
- Consider hiring someone who has been recognized in the legal profession for excellence in the field of personal injury law.
- Hire someone who is driven by results and always motivated to help you.
- Be wary of “Ambulance Chaser” attorneys – or those who send you letters following an accident to solicit your business. This is distasteful, any many times leads to less than optimal legal representation.
Contact Jones & Swanson Today!
You should be pleased with the injury lawyer you choose. If you are looking for someone who you would recommend to your closest friends and family, contact Jones & Swanson to schedule a free consultation with one of our Marietta personal injury lawyers!