Car Accident Injuries
Work with an award-winning car accident lawyer in Marietta!
Injuries that result from an auto accident can vary in severity but they are all unfortunate consequences of someone else’s negligence. They can affect a victim’s ability to work and function normally either temporarily or permanently. Need an attorney for a personal injury case in Marietta?
- Broken Bones or fractured bones occur when there is a break in the continuity of the bone. This injury can befall any bone in the body due to an accident. Bone fractures are extremely painful and result in temporary immobility and loss of use for the broken bone.
- Back Injuries vary depending on the location and severity of the trauma inflicted on the back. Since the back is made of bones, muscles and other tissues, there are many different types of back injuries that can be caused by an auto accident. The lower back is the most common site for back injuries such as sprains and strains, herniated disks, and even fractured vertebrae. Back injuries can affect an individual’s ability to move, work, and lift objects. They often require physical therapy as well as pain medication, depending on the intensity of the pain.
- Whiplash is the most common injury to occur as a result of an auto accident. Most accidents, both minor and serious, leave the victims with migraines and neck pain. Whiplash is a result of the sudden distortion of the neck and is most common in rear-end collisions. While some symptoms may appear immediately, much of the neck pain and soreness manifests itself hours and even days after the accident.
- Head and Brain Injuries are among the most serious injuries anyone can incur from an auto accident. While some head injuries carry only temporary symptoms, more severe traumatic brain injuries come with life-transforming effects that can change the victim’s world forever. Loss of body function, slurred speech, memory loss, and partial or even total paralysis can result from a sudden physical assault on the head during a vehicle collision. These injuries come with frequent medical visits, continuous medication, and loss of income and independence. Victims of head and brain injuries may have claim to compensation to assist them in adjusting to life with their injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injury is another drastically devastating injury with life-altering effects. Depending on where the spinal cord is traumatized during the accident, the symptoms can vary widely from pain to paralysis or even death. Most symptoms of spinal cord injury manifest themselves immediately on impact. Nerve damage can cause a loss of sensation and muscle control in the more general spinal cord injury category. Severe trauma to the spinal cord can lead to a partial or total loss of connection between the brain and the body resulting in loss of bodily function depending on the location of the trauma on the spine. Treatment for this type of injury depends on the severity. Minor spinal cord injury has been known to heal through intense physical therapy, while permanent damage comes with permanent changes to the victim’s quality of life.
- Loss of Limbs is a rare but tragic result of auto accidents. The loss of limbs occurs in the most serious auto accidents. This injury, which is life-changing, to say the least, can happen on impact due to a loose sharp object involved in the accident. However, emergency room surgeons may be forced to amputate if damage to the specific limb is too extensive and the victim’s life depends on it.
- Scarring occurs as a result of most, if not all, of the above-mentioned injuries. Car fires and explosions can also lead to intense scarring. While the effect of scarring on a victim’s life is mostly emotional, deep tissue scarring has been known to be a very painful permanent reminder of the tragic accident that was its cause.
Are you searching for a lawyer for a car accident in Marietta?
All of the injuries discussed above will affect the victim’s quality of life, either temporarily or permanently. When such injuries are sustained, an individual’s ability to work for income and live independently is at risk. Their families and close friends become their lifeline. Frequent medical visits and perpetual medication become a reality along with their steep costs.
The greater the impact on the quality of life, the more compensation is merited by the injury. The right personal injury attorney can make sure that you are awarded enough to compensate for your medical expenses, loss of income and other obstacles that come with such devastating injuries. Money cannot take away the emotional and physical pain you are suffering because of the injuries but it can help you and your family in adjusting to your new life. Let Jones & Swanson be your partner during this difficult time – we want to fight for your right to compensation.
File a claim now
Contact a Marietta injury lawyer to discuss your case today.