Auto accidents are many times traumatizing for those involved, especially when you find yourself faced with medical bills as a result of another person’s neglect. In these situations, an experienced personal injury attorney may be able to help.
Auto accident injury lawyers know how to use auto insurance policies to help cover the costs associated with an injury-causing accident. There are a few key items that the injured party can assist with, especially in regards to documentation. Personal injury lawsuits tend to be more seamless when proper documentation is provided to the insurer. This allows the investigation process to move forward more quickly than if documentation is not readily available.
The following documentation is important for Georgia personal injury auto accident claims:
- Photographs of the accident scene, injuries, and vehicle damages. These will assist in setting the overall scene for investigators, as well as proving injuries that were sustained.
- Log or diary detailing your medical information. The more detailed this is, the better. It is important to include precise injuries, medical attention received, symptoms you are feeling, and the overall extent of pain that you are in. These should be updated daily.
- Correspondence from each medical office that has provided attention to you as a result of the accident.
- Receipts and bills for all medical expenses. These may include co-payments, equipment, surgeries, doctors’ visits, prescriptions, and more.
- Travel expense records related to medical appointments.
- Income loss documentation that proves you have a lesser income than prior to experiencing your injuries.
Many people fail to realize that in the event of an injury-causing auto accident, the personal injury lawsuit will be against the at-fault party’s auto insurance policy. Popular belief is that you will be suing the person who caused the accident, but in reality your plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer will be representing you against the at-fault’s insurance company. These companies employ workers who are trained to perform in-depth research on injury claims, and many times will attempt to resolve claims for the smallest amount possible. If you or someone you love have been injured in a Georgia car accident, it is important to seek the appropriate medical attention so that you recover as fully as possible. At your soonest possible opportunity, you should contact an experienced injury law firm to begin working with the insurance company to resolve your claim for an amount that will help relieve stress from your recovery process.
For more information about Georgia personal injury claims, call (770) 427-5498 today.