With Thanksgiving just a couple of days away, the next few weeks will be full of Christmas event such as tree lightings, tours, and parades. For many, the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season marks a favorite time of year. For that reason, we have included a list of upcoming Christmas events in and around Marietta and Cobb County:
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Marietta Square on December 5 in Glover Park. This is an event that adults and children alike enjoy year after year. The festivities are scheduled to start at 5 PM, with Santa arriving on a fire truck at 5:20 PM to light the giant Christmas tree at 6 PM. Santa will remain at the gazebo until 8 PM, visiting with children while many local school choruses perform as entertainment.
- Santa’s Workshop on the Square. Each weekend throughout December, Santa will be available to visitors at his workshop in Glover Park. Santa will take photos with children, as well as listen to their Christmas list desires. Santa’s hours can be found at www.marietta.com/santa-in-the-square.
- Pancakes with Santa at the Marietta First United Methodist Church. On November 23, from 8 AM until 1:30 PM, The Rotary Club of Marietta is sponsoring breakfast with Santa for adults and children alike.
- Christmas shows at Earl Smith Strand Theatre on Marietta Square. Throughout the month of December, the Strand will have a variety of Christmas shows, such as “A Christmas Tradition”.
- The Marietta Pilgrimage Christmas Tour of Homes through Marietta. Each year, the public can tour Marietta homes to see Christmas decorations and experience the history of many homes. Tickets can be purchased at https://www.mariettapilgrimage.com/.
- Sleighbells on the Square 5K. On December 14, the 13th Annual run/walk will occur on Marietta Square. This is a great opportunity to get in the Christmas spirit while being active. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Cobb County Bar Children’s Emergency Fund. For more information, please contact Attorney Chase Swanson.
Many of the staff members at Jones & Swanson will be attending some of these events with our children this year, so we hope to see you there! As always, we urge you to use caution while traveling to and from Christmas events such as these. There will be more vehicles on Marietta roads due to Christmas events on Marietta Square, which often leads to more car accidents. Attorney Andrew Jones is a Marietta car wreck attorney, so he witnesses firsthand the injuries that can be sustained from these types of crashes. To be involved in a crash that causes injuries to yourself or loved ones around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays can put a damper on the entire season. It is our goal to take as much stress off your shoulders as possible when you contact our office for representation. Our attorneys and staff members make it a priority to ease the legal process for you every step of the way.
If you or someone you know are involved in a car wreck this holiday season, contact Jones & Swanson for information on what to do next. We offer free consultations at www.awjlaw.com.